This event is a weekend of camping and caching fun, but the main event is Saturday. At least fifty new themed caches will be hidden for the event, all within Sleepy Hollow State Park. Caches will be smalls to regulars and will vary in both difficulty and terrain.
Besides geocaching, activities will include a Friday evening reception.
This event is a Community Celebration Event. See the end of this page for more information
- 9AM: Gather at the South Picnic Shelter for cache list
- 9AM-1PM: Enjoy caching in the park with your geofriends
- 1PM-2PM: Hot Dogs, buns, plates, napkins, individual bags of chips, and condiments will be provided
- 2:PM to ??? Enjoy more caching in the park with your geofriends
- No Alcohol Allowed
Because of the times we live in, there have been several changes, hopefully just for this year, to the event. All of these changes are made to minimize the number of people in the pavillion at any given time.
- There will be no FTF drawing this year. All attendees of the event are allowed to claim FTF rights to any caches they find and sign the log,
- A sign in sheet will be in the main pavillion from 9AM until the end of the event. The first 100 cachers to sign in will receive an event pathtag.
- The caches have been requested to publish at 10AM this year. If you don't want to wait for GPX files to be loaded on your devices, they will be available earlier.
- THERE IS NO FORMAL POT LUCK! As before, we will be grillling hot dogs, with a planned service of 1PM. We will have Hot Dogs, Buns, individual condiment packets, and individual packages of chips available. Paper plates, and napkins will be provided. Any additional food items you want, please bring for your own family. We will not be setting up any serving tables beyond those needed for the Hot Dogs. We also highly recommend that you bring chairs, tables, easy ups, ect to promote responsible social distancing.
- We will not be doing our usual door prize drawings. No tickets will be given out.
Join us for a weekend of fun.
The annual Recreation Passport is required for all vehicles entering any State Park. If you don't have one, they are available at the park for $16 or when you renew your license plates. For more information, visit Michigan Recreation Passport.
For more information about the park, visit the Sleepy Hollow State Park website.
To reserve your campsite, visit Michigan State Park & Harbor Reservations.
While you are here, begin or continue your Michigan State Parks Centennial GeoTour (GT93) by finding GC801QP MSPCGT:Sleepy Hollow SP.
Community Celebration Events - 2020
This Event is part of a limited release of Community Celebration Events to celebrate 20 years of geocaching. Geocachers hosted events between May 2, 2020 and December 31, 2021. Learn more about Community Celebration Events on the Geocaching Blog.